Saturday, May 16, 2009

Wish you were here!!

I lay down at night on my terrace;
Staring atop, admiring god's unparalleled grace.
Relishing the wind's ticklish caress.
Interrupted by the artificial light's trace.

No, I don't question the sky,
No, I don't desire to fly.

No, I don't question the moon,
I'm happy, I'm blessed with her boon.

No, I don't question the stars,
No, I don't start any wars. 

I'd rather replace "wow!!" for "why??"
In this way, myself I satisfy.

Upon the food you've provided, I'd feed.
With the mate you've gifted, I'd breed.
That's it, and I'd stay away from all other greed.

I just lay down at night on my terrace;
Staring atop, admiring god's elegant face.
Relishing the wind's ticklish caress.
Interrupted by the artificial light's trace.
Wishing it were all true.
Oh mighty blue!!
Wish I were as natural as you.

4 comments: